Oh Monday…here we are again. Hopefully you all had a lovely Easter weekend (if you celebrate) or at least were able to soak up every bit of the weekend you could. I had a very non-traditional Easter Sunday filled with grilling and yard work with the family. We started grilling on Easter a few years back and I quite like this new traditional. The weather in Santa Fe was gorgeous (allergies and all!). My mom even made me a little Easter basket because she knows I’m a sucker for those Cadbury Mini Eggs. I seriously have the worst sweet tooth.
Now that I’m sufficiently sugared up, I am ready to conquer the week ahead! Only 4 work days stand in the way of me and a trip to California. Last November I visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Hollywood and I’m planning to visit one more time before my pass expires. I can already taste the Pumpkin Juice…Butterbeer is overrated.
Between daydreaming of Hogwarts and the beach, I made a list of 5 things that will hopefully help you and I kick off the week.
- I was born, grew up and currently live in New Mexico. And while I’m beginning to really appreciate the beauty in this state, I am forever fascinated by how other people find themselves here. That is why I found this travel guide from the blog almost makes perfect such an interesting read. Molly took some really beautiful pictures of her different trips around the state and it was really fun to see her enjoying the things that seem so familiar to me.
- I’m probably not the first person to recommend the podcast S-Town so what are you waiting for?! You NEED to hear this story. And if you have listened to it, be sure to check out the website too. The illustrations are such a beautiful addition to an already captivating story.
- After finishing S-Town, you’re gonna need some moody and reflective music to fill that void. I’ve been listening to Passenger’s album ‘Young As The Morning Old As The Sea’ on repeat lately. I especially love the song Somebody’s Love.
- I mentioned my seemingly uncontrollable sweet tooth didn’t I? Well, I’ve been obsessed with this recipe for Hemp Dark Chocolate Energy Balls from The Minimalist Baker. They are naturally sweet, fudgy, actually REALLY healthy and overall amazing! Don’t skip out on the coconut oil because it really adds to the overall fudginess of this treat. Dana suggests finishing them off by rolling in either cacao powder or hemp seeds but I actually really like them covered in coconut flakes. Make these tonight!
- Finally, I wanted to share this great quote I came across that I’ve adopted as a new way of thinking. It may not seem like the most positive end of this post but I find it to be rather helpful as I am a person who is not overly optimistic.
I have a new philosophy. I’m going to dread one day at a time.
– Charles M. Schulz
Let’s get through this week one day at a time!