Hello and happy Monday! Lavender is on my brain, so naturally I’m sharing 5 ways you can use it in your day to day life. New Mexico has been OH SO LUCKY to have two lavender festivals in the past month, could there be a more perfect festival for me? (No, there could not) I love lavender it not only smells amazing but it’s super helpful for LOTS of things. I personally use it to help me keep my “zen” at work, to relax at home, on the bottoms of my feet to FALL asleep, and on my face in an all natural beauty serum.
Here’s 5 things you need to know:
- Lavender soothes burns, you know from your curling wand, stove top, hot cookie sheet – just add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil to your burn.
- Lavender helps induce sleep, as an adult who doesn’t need help with that? – Rub 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil on soles of feet, big toe, back of neck and temples. Inhale deeply 6-8 times.
- Lavender helps reduce irritation from sunburns. – Rub 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil with coconut oil to sooth a hot, red, irritated sunburn.
- Lavender combined with Peppermint and Lemon essential oil can make a great seasonal “allergy bomb”.
- Lavender supports healthy skin period, that means you can put it on cuts, bug bites, burns, and add it to your skincare routine for a glowy complexion!
So there you have it, if you ask me lavender is just like a little swiss army knife of goodness – oh and duh you can cook with it too! Last summer I made this Watermelon-Strawberry Sorbet with lavender and you know what, I think it’s FOR SURE time to make it again.
Get creative this week friends, make something, smell something, be somewhere. Enjoy it!
P.S. – You interested in oils? Have some oily questions? I’m your girl, holla at me! I’m teaching my first Essential Oils 101 class next Monday and I’m just pumped.