Anyone else think today was Monday for 90% of the day? I did and although strange I guess it’s a good thing because now it’s magically Wednesday tomorrow. To be honest that is how time feels for me lately, case and point, I blink and it’s suddenly September? But September kicks off my favorite season, I feel like I can finally declare with certainty that autumn is my favorite time of year.
So here are 5 things I’m looking forward to this season.
- Coming up this weekend is a concert at the Santa Fe Opera, it’s a benefit concert for Santa Fe NOW—National Organization for Women which feels like an extra bonus. Among other musicians Bon Iver will be there, which I just cannot wait to experience live. Unfortunately if you don’t have tickets this one is sold out but they do still have other concerts coming up including, Fleet Foxes and Beach House, Wilco, and The Shins. You can still grab tickets to any of those, check out the Opera’s calendar here.
- Something I hope to do this year is ride the chairlift at Ski Santa Fe while the leaves are changing. We have so many aspens out there and the colors are just gorgeous! Looks like they hold a few fall events of their own, check them out here.
- One of my favorite autumn activities is making apple butter, which I have already shared with you but it’s becoming something I look forward to these days. For anyone who wants to give it a try here is the original post with the recipe.
- The Balloon Fiesta is also a fall favorite, I didn’t get the chance to go last year but maybe I will make it a point to get over there this year.
- Lastly getting up into the mountains is always beautiful in Santa Fe and especially in autumn so grab what you need and make a little day trip out of it. The photo in this post is from the Big Tesuque campground of the Santa Fe National forest in September last year, I’m looking forward to checking out some new spots this year!
Writing this makes me even more excited about autumn. I hope you are planning some fun things too because trust me way sooner than we would like to believe it’s going to be the Holiday Season. I will leave you with that thought for tonight!
xo | sm