Hello and happy Monday!
I sure do hope you’ve had a good day, Monday can be rough but I’m choosing to try and see them with a little bit of a brighter perspective lately. It’s the start of a new week, and the new Autumn season is still slowly setting in – it’s a great day to refocus and sent some serious intentions for the week ahead.
One of the biggest ways I help myself get focused [and attempt to stay that way] is with this essential oil, frankincense. Frankincense oil is sourced from a resin made by the Boswellia sacara tree. Frankincense is used in two main ways, inhalation or by being absorbed by the skin. This oil is known to send messages to your limbic system which has major impacts your your nervous system. AKA: sign this stressed out person up!
So, for my ‘5 things’ this week I wanted to share 5 of my favorite ways to use Frankincense.
- Skin Benefits: It’s a known anti-aging and wrinkle reducing oil for your skin. I like to add one drop to my facial serum or moisturizer daily.
- Helps Inflammation: As someone who lives with PCOS I have alot of inflammation in my body, frankincense can support circulation and inflammation. You can rub it into achey joints (knees, elbows, shoulders), you can do a steam with it, so add a few drops to a hot bowl of water, cover your head with a towel and breath deeply, this has been known to help asthma!
- Emotional Benefits: It’s a stress reducer and helps get rid of negative emotions. When inhaled, it’s been shown to reduce heart rate and high blood pressure. Sometimes I get lost in my own mind, this is how Frankincense is helpful for me to find my own mental focus.
- Speeds up Healing: It can help repair old, new scars and help restore your skin. I use it on acne scars or yes… cat scratches. It also is great to have on hand for the flu and cold season as it supports our bodies immune system.
- It smells oh so good! There are many other great reasons to use this oil, that I didn’t want to go into too much detail here [it’s a great tool in fighting PMS or any hormonal issue] but in the least it smells so clean + calm. I like to diffuse it with lavender!
There you have it, 5 reasons I’m reaching for this little bottle all the time. I encourage you to find simple, all natural ways to support your own body and your own daily needs – for me, I’m normally bouncing around from one thing to the next like it’s crazy town. Because of this I know and need to support my body in calming down, relaxation, focus and positivity.
But as always, you do you! And if you have any questions about Frank[incense] or essential oils in general LET ME KNOW!
XO, hope you have a truly great week.
All my love – Andie