Ever since I read this I will never forget it, “When you buy from a small business an actual person does a happy dance.” I believe it and I support it. As the years go by I feel a desire to support other creatives and small businesses as they work so hard to achieve their dreams and the holidays are a great time to do this.
This evening for my five things I’m going to share five businesses who inspire me as they put their work out there.
- First up, our very own Nicole Guerra who just opened up her easy shop Great Small Things. Her illustration style is stunning and I’ve already placed my first order. I purchased her Folk Flowers Card Set for myself and a friend and I couldn’t be happier with them.
- Modern Folkware. I’ve been gushing over Jennie’s work since I first laid eyes on it. I was actually able to meet Jennie last year—knowing the creative you are supporting is extra rewarding. She lives and creates in Santa Fe and her work speaks my language. Her latest post on Instagram hints at an upcoming holiday sale and I’m looking forward to it!
- Next is Emily Jeffords, an abstract painter who I find so inspiring. I was lucky enough to be gifted my first print of her work last year.
- Rifle Paper Co. has been a favorite for a while. I love getting and giving their calendars for holiday gifts. The Herb Garden Calendar and the Inspirational Quote Calendar are my favorite two this year.
- Lastly is Letter Folk who I have shared before, something about these classic little letter boards truly warms up a space. I have this one and simply love it. I also get so many laughs from the creative sayings people come up with on these. If you follow their Instagram account you will get great inspiration.
There you have it five businesses who are pouring their hearts into what they do and who I would gladly support.
Cheers friends, I hope the holiday stress is mild.
xo | sm