Hi friends we’re back! Can you believe three weeks have gone by since our last chat and it’s now 2018? All of that seems hard to believe…but maybe in a good way? To be honest 2017 was hard for me—right from the start and right to the end. Don’t get me wrong, there were lots of great moments in-between and for that I am so thankful. Here are five things that are currently circling around my brain.
- We wanted to thank you for all your support on our holiday card project! It was something we decided to collaborate on together and it was such a fun process. We were all able to bring something we are passionate about together and share it with you, and really that’s what this space is all about.
- To make resolutions or to not make resolutions. I know some people are all about resolutions, and others think it’s a silly thing to do when you should be striving for things year round and not just on January 1. If nothing else I do appreciate the loud reminder I hear in my head as the new year is here to check in with myself, reflect on the past year and envision the new one.
- I started physical therapy. It’s something I have had on my “to do” list for a few weeks, and by weeks I mean months. If you remember I had my first big surgery last year, on January 9 to be exact. I was cleared to start exercising a while back and I’m just not doing enough on my own. So I scheduled a months worth of physical therapy. My first session was last week and was more of an evaluation. I’m looking forward to and am a little nervous about my next session which will be in the gym. (gasp)
- I scheduled an acupuncture appointment. This has also been on my “to do” list. I hear there are many possible benefits but the one I’m most looking forward to is it’s ability to help with asthma.
- I have to say I’m really grateful to be here in this space with all of you. I missed it. I feel like we have created a community together and it’s a community I am proud to be a part of, so thank you for being a part of it.
I hope the new year has been treating you well and I hope it only gets better from here.
xo | sm